Dwayne and I were listening the other day to the latest installments of the online round table discussion group The White Horse Inn. They included in their discussion some views of modern evangelicals on the Five Solas by playing clips of answers that the producer had received when asking questions to attendees of a pastors' convention.
We heard these two answers from what seems to be the same girl, and were floored by her responses:
How important in your life is the doctrine of imputation?
To me personally? That’s very important! Because that’s the basis for my righteousness. There’s no other… I mean, my deeds, or anything that I do, doesn’t ever add up to anything!
Are you familiar with the doctrine of justification?
Justification is a legal term that essentially says that because God is a just god He requires absolute perfection and holiness. Because we failed that there was a need for punishment, and that punishment was brought upon Jesus Christ. And by embracing the Gospel - that He died for us, He lived the life we should have lived and died what we should have died - we now are justified, or we were declared innocent when we were once declared guilty, because all of the guilt was put upon Jesus. So, His innocence has been replaced with our guilt, and our guilt has been replaced with [His] innocence.
Whoa nelly! Be still, my beating heart! Lord, I have no clue what You have in store for my future, but if it includes marrying a girl like this... I'm fairly certain that You would hear no complaints from my end!
2 comments:
They're out there, but most of them are pretty busy serving the church and the unreached and the poor...
You'll have to convince them that serving you would be just as meaningful and God-glorifying as the work they are doing now...
Egana (megan krejci from CEFC)
*grin*
I think I might have one on my hands, Megan!
Now begins the convincing you speak of...
*double grin*
Post a Comment